• Under taking fundamental research on modern and important scientific-technological problems in mechanics.
• Research and development of new technologies for key economic-technological programs of Vietnam.
• Implementation and application of research results to industrial and civilian uses. The transfer of technological advances in the field of mechanics into Vietnam.
• International co-operation and scientific exchanges.
• Participation in education and training of highly qualified specialists in the field of Mechanics.
SCOPES OF ACTIVITIES
• Marine Mechanics and Sea Environment
- Study the formation and evolution of hydrodynamic and sediment transport processes and marine environment;
- Surveying meteorological and hydrodynamic factors and water quality;
- Maintain and develop a marine data bank to support studies and socio-economical and national defense projects;
- Development of measurement techniques, measured data processing, numerical simulation and GIS.
• Industrial and Environmental Fluid Dynamics
- Thermo-fluid dynamics in the energy industry, technology of optimal extraction and safe transport of high-paraffin, high-viscous crude oil;
- Technology of prediction and strategy of protection and prevention from flood for the Red-river delta;
- Technology of calculation, prediction and monitoring of environmental pollution.